News from up North

Thursday, May 24, 2007

HRH visit ....

I've had a fab day today. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visited Huddersfield University in order to unveil the plaque for the new Media & Arts Building. I hope you can make the photograph out ... she is the one in red! The guy on the right is our new V.C. Bob.
Anyway, it was a thrill to see her 'in the flesh' so to speak and I can't believe she is 81! I hope I'm as fit as that when I'm that age - although I suspect that I will be 6ft under, kicking up daisies, at around the 70 mark, so end of problem really!

Must dash now as I need to pack for my trip home. I've just had a call from Andrew, my friend who's getting married on Sunday, and he's asked me to read out a poem I wrote for him. Whilst I am more than happy to oblige, this means that I will have to remain slightly sober - or I'll either slur my words or just burst into tears (Weddings have that effect on me!). Anyhooo I will tell you all about it next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home