News from up North

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Shock horror!

This is hot off the press ..... I have to present a paper tomorrow at the English Department's Research Seminar ..so what's so shocking about that I hear you cry? Well I actually finished writing it at 7.30 pm today!!!! My fellow graduates from Cardiff Uni will now be scraping themselves up off the floor, as I am usually up until at least 3.00am scrabbling to finish any pieces of work on the morning that they are due ...is his the dawning of a new Dawn???



Anyway, other news .... you may be wondering what has happened to my diet plan this year - well it has hit a big FULL STOP! I am ashamed to say that the stress bug took over and that means dawny hits the fridge...not with her head in a sad desperate attempt to relieve frustration...er...no more like to empty the contents in one sitting :( Anyhow ....who cares as least if I fall in the canal there's a good chance I'll float!
Well I'll let you all know how my presentation goes tomorrow - the Dean and all of the Lecturing staff will be there, plus my 2nd year students ...so no pressure.....yikes!

I will be traveling back home on Friday (by train this time - so please don't expect my usual round of visiting!) as it's Tazmin's birthday and I am going to see the X Factor
concert on Monday :) deep joy! A full review will be provided i.d.c.
So a saucy musical quote today....

"I am the only man who can say he's been in Take That and at least two members of the Spice Girls" - Robbie Williams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home