News from up North

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dydd Dewi Sant Hapus!



Happy St David's Day to one and all! Yes I stood out like a sore thumb today in my red rugby shirt and shiny daffodil - but hey your patriotic nature must come first!

Anyway, I am pleased with myself as I finished my first piece of knitted produce last night, namely a pink knitted handbag, with beading and sequins for my niece Kaci. I must admit that the beading took longer than the actual knitting - but I was pleased with the result. No doubt it will all be ripped apart in less than a week but hey the thought was there. I need to finish Taz's purse this week so I'll try and remember to take a pic before I send it so I can add it on here.

I had some good news this week it looks as if my registration document has been passed by the research board, so that means they want me to stay :) so I just have to source some data and write 90,000 words - piece of cake.......er ......moving on!

Anyway, we need a Welsh themed quote to end with....

"When asked his opinion of Welsh nationalism Mr Thomas replied in three words, two of which were "Welsh Nationalism" - Dylan Thomas

1 Comments:

  • Mr Thomas' next words, were 'mine's a pint' after which he fell off the bar stool.

    Have even been to the last place he drank in in New York....
    "I've had 18 straight whiskies; I think this is a record."
    although I prefer his quote
    "An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do."

    I salute any man whose work; when made into a film, featured the rare mix of Richard Burton, David Jason and Ruth Madoc with her tits out.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home