News from up North

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Pennines in the mist




I actually left the house yesterday for a drive and a bit of an exploration... managed to find Holmfirth, where they film 'Last of the Summer Wine' but I didn't stop to find 'Nora Batty's cafe' - I kept going and found the Pennines ... wow what a view! It reminded me of the Brecon Beacons but obviously on a larger scale!

It was a bit of a shame that it was slightly misty but I just wanted to capture a bit of the Yorkshire landscape on film! As for the pic of me ...er...yes it was a bit windy! My golden trestles were being tossed around in abundance! and yes I am still surgically attached to my Cardiff Uni sweatshirt! If you want to know who took the photo well it's my new 'friend' Jean-Paul ... further details will be forthcoming asap.
I have decided that I need to explore more areas of Yorkshire, so for at least one day on the weekend (schedule permitting) I will be packing my flask and getting in the Daewoo with a view of exploring new life forms and boldly going where no welsh gal has gone before!
Talking of travelling .. I am back home in Wales next week so I hope to catch up with a few people over Easter. When I get back I am back on full power as I have conferences to prepare for!




2 Comments:

  • Nice shot, looks a bit chilly up top but no chapel coat pegs, shame ;-)

    By Blogger Matthew, at 2:21 pm  

  • Thanks mate but the 3 tiered padded bra always works! You didn't see the icicles down below ... oh er missus!

    By Blogger DawnyLiz, at 5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home