News from up North

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thai meal and Castles on Hills...

I have enjoyed a lovely couple of days (even though I still have a really silly cough which has decided to remain with me for over a month - how annoying!). Friday started with JP giving me a lovely bunch of flowers before we met our friend Alina at a local Thai restaurant. This was a pleasant surprise as there wasn't an occasion of any type to celebrate - he just thought it would be a nice gesture and indeed it was.


The Thai place was nice, however a little pricey - I should have checked the menu before booking it! We couldn't even claim student discount, which would have been useful! After a platter which consisted of 4 items each to start, and cost us £7.50 each!!! our main courses arrived. I decided to be a usual shandy lightweight and choose a creamy coconut curry, whereas JP went straight for the extremely hot 'Jungle curry' (aptly named!) which was just swimming in red hot chillies - it even melted my contact lenses just looking at it ...but JP didn't even break into a sweat!
On Saturday we went exploring as I wanted to find 'Castle Hill' as I heard there were some lovely views from there. When we found it ...the castle was actually a tower but it was worth the climb up there as the views were indeed amazing, you could see all of Huddersfield and beyond....also very good for kite flying as it was somewhat windy - hence the windswept look of my golden tendrils!
There are so many great places to visit here in Hudds and the surrounding area, I am really starting to enjoy my surroundings and feel more at home here....although I think the sunny weather has helped me to see the area in a different way!
BTW I hope that when I publish my blog today, that all of my pictures go where they are supposed to ....it all looks neatly set out at the moment, but you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as I click that 'publish' button it will all go array - apologies in advance if it does!
So here's an interesting quote I found about the countryside, which is appropriate as it sums up Yorkshire!
"My living in Yorkshire was so far out of the way that it was actually twelve miles away from a lemon" - Revd Sydney Smith








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home