News from up North

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Cough, Cough ....Wheeze!

Well it was only a matter of time before I got a chest infection ... I think it may have something to do with it being -2 degrees outside and like a raging inferno of 85 degrees in my flat (due to a thermostat which has 2 settings - boiling and tropical heatwave). But hey ... it will pass, but why does it have to happen at the weekend???

Anyway, today I finally exchanged on my house sale after I lost the plot with my purchaser. My conversation this morning evolved into a total slagging match in which I lost my voice...which is not good when you are trying to put your point accross! Anyway, I should be in funds next Thurs/Fri :)

Tomorrow I am going for the chop...no not some type of northern decapitation....I am booked in for a haircut...at Toni & Guy no less....Before you say oh my word how can a student afford that?...I am booked in with the junior stylist's junior, aka the cleaner ...so I'll let you know how it goes....

Off to bed now as my chest and lungs have got together and decided to pull a little prank on me and not work in harmony ... so I am going to recuperate under the comfort of my duvet. Here's a quote any of you gals can use on your man upon the occassion of "man-flu"...

"How to tell the difference between cold and flu: if there's a £50 note in the middle of a field and you can reach it, you haven't got flu"
- Diana Wainman

2 Comments:

  • Feeling a little chesty? I'll be round with a tub of Vicks, will warm my hands first ;-)
    Sorry missed your call last week but a mate was in hospital :-(
    Hope yer feeling better soon
    x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 am  

  • No worries...
    I still feel like an ill fitting bra ... tight around the chest... with a few coughing spasms thrown in for good measure!

    Will ring u soon xx

    By Blogger DawnyLiz, at 11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home