News from up North

Monday, October 16, 2006

Africa ......


This is a picture of the ancient Churches of Lalibella in Ethiopia ...why is it on my blog I hear you ask? Well listener I saw this place on the Holiday programme tonight which was a poignant reminder that Brad was there in the summer as part of his fieldwork trip. He told me that it's one of the most amazing places he's seen......now I have seen it on the TV.....I feel the need to go there in person and see it for myself. So it's been promptly added to my "things to do before I die" list.

The basic thing is, I really want to get some travelling in over the next few years. I know I will be teaching soon and I have the little matter of an 80,000 + dissertation to write..but hey I am sure I can fit a few trips abroad in.....after all travelling is something that everybody should do at some stage in their lives...and as Lesley keeps reminding me.....I am 10 years behind everybody else..so let' crack on!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home