News from up North

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gargling gravel anyone?


Apologies for those of you who
have already seen my flat post-furniture installation...but I did promise last week to post some pics. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to my Mother for doubting that these curtains were the wrong shade of red .... but upon arrival here I was pleased to see that they are a perfect match ... just another example of Mother knows best!
I would also like to point out that my flat was thoroughly tidied up before I took the pics...oh if you could only see it now.... moving on....

I'm sorry I know it's the weekend but I have a bit of a grumpy old woman moan to perform.... After watching the X Factor tonight, which was a Rod Stewart theme night, I thought to myself why on earth do men and women, who sound like they are gargling gravel in a cement mixer, decide to become singers??? I appreciate the aforementioned Mr Stewart has sold millions of records over his 111 year recording period .....but who is buying them...? He mentioned on tonight's show that in the 60's nobody in the UK would give him a recording contract...er..yeah ..right that's because the record executives at that time were not tone deaf!

Anyway, after he began to sing "It's a Heartache" which should be re-titled it's
an earache....I had had enough...so I decided to switch channels briefly to BBC 2 in order to watch TOTP 2....a bit of 80's reminiscing would cheer me up....but OH MY GOD ...who was on there...only Bonnie Bloody Tyler..singing......yes you've guessed it..."It's a Heartache"!!!! What torture! The two examples of gravel-throat warbling on the planet and they were on both channels. I was too scared to turn over onto BBC 1, as I was in fear of seeing Joe Cocker "singing" on Strictly Come Dancing....not good! My conclusion is that there must be some gravel guzzling TV scheduler with a cement mixer in their office, who gets a kick out of making us all suffer!......
so on that musical note.....here is today's quote....(Pam strikes again!)

"If you hear bad music, it is one's duty to drown it by one's conversation"
- Oscar Wilde




3 Comments:

  • I don't like to see that you haven't received any comments after all the effort you've gone to, entertaining us with yet another thrilling instalment. Cheers butt. I too will leave you with a quote:
    "He who laughs last, laughs loudest"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 pm  

  • "He who farts first, clears the room"
    - Mother Theresa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 am  

  • Here, stop misquoting me, I said
    "Love each other, live a life of charity and sacrifice then let one rip"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home