News from up North

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Graduate Part 2


Well the news hot off the press is that the MA results are out and thank goodness I have passed .... if I hadn't I think Hudds Uni would have sent me packing!
After receiving this news you'd think that I'd be jumping up and down with joy, but the fact is the whole MA thing happened so long ago it all seems like an anti-climax. Also I miss my fellow MA students as tonight we should be all down the pub drinking a few pints of God's juice, but instead I am at home on my own knitting! Anyway, on a plus point my supervisor very kindly e-mailed the English Dept. with my news and has organised drinks for after work next week, which was nice of her :) so i am sure I will have a few pints then.
I found this quote which quite frankly I found quite disturbing, but as it's relevant I thought I'd still use it.
"A Master of Art - Is not worth a fart" - Andrew Boorde, 1690

2 Comments:

  • "A PhD is worth 20p" - M Townsend 2007

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 pm  

  • "A PhD is all shite to me!" D Matthes 2007 ( a good year for quotes)

    By Blogger DawnyLiz, at 9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home