News from up North

Monday, December 11, 2006

Finished!

I just thought I'd post a quick note to express my relief at finishing my assignment. In good ol' Dawny fashion it was a night before challenge, even though I'd had a week long extension - bad Dawny! Anyway, at 3.00am this morning I threw in the towel - my head was pounding and I couldn't even see my laptop anymore - it was just a black square in front of me.
So I got up early this morning and did a mad scrabble to finish it by 11.00 - the sense of relief is indescribable - as now I can start to unwind a bit in time for Christmas :)

I need to finish my Christmas shopping this week and wrap it all up, ready to come down on Sunday - yes I am on my Chrimbo countdown, only 6 days to go and I'll be in the M6 - M5 - M4 etc and so forth - back to the land of dodgy accents and green mountains - which really describes Yorkshire to a T!

OK I'd best get back to it - trying to blag some funding to go to a conference in New York next August - not holding out much hope but you never know!

Ciao for now x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home