News from up North

Friday, January 12, 2007

Stormy weather

Well I won't moan about it too much as I know the rest of the country is suffering the same - but the weather up here is terrible! What makes it worse is my elevated situation on the second floor with only single glazing - I have started to play a game every evening of "Name That Tune" as the wind whistles through the windows. I hope it gets better soon or I will feel the need to buy a kite and embarrass myself on campus.

Other news - my knitting is coming along nicely, I have managed 2 squares towards my niece Tazmin's birthday scarf - which is in March so pressure on to finish! She actually picked the wool for me so she gets the first scarf - Kaci next and then Ewan - also Brad has an order in for a jumper but I have managed to re-negotiate to bed socks as I think a jumper is a little beyond my capabilities ...for now (ever the optimist!) So it's all go - I am sure Anne-Marie would be proud ....

I was planning on venturing out for a drive this weekend, but as ever my work has caught up with me, so I will try and get loads done tomorrow so I can pop out on Sunday - also Sunday is weigh in day :( I have tried really had this week to loose a few pounds so I will let you know how I get on.
Tomorrow I am expecting a delivery - nope not a maternal type - but a grocery type. I have decided to try on-line shopping, I have placed my order and now between the hours of 3-4pm a very nice man in a van loaded with my goods should arrive. My theory is why should I struggle across 6 lanes of traffic and up 2 flights of stairs with my shopping, when I can pay £5 and get somebody else to do it??? Is this lazy, extravagant or just a way of preserving my constantly aching back ?? well I will see how it goes, if it's pants then I will have to invest in a new granny shopping trolley - deep joy!

"McDonald's in Tokyo is a terrible revenge for Pearl Harbour" - S.J. Hayakawa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home