News from up North

Sunday, June 10, 2007

'Quiet' weekend

Why is it when you say to everyone that you want a quiet weekend, you don't really want it to be 'that' quiet. I have spent the last 48 hours in my flat and haven't spoken to a single sole. It's like being in a religious retreat. I suppose at this point anybody bothering to read this will be thinking .... why don't you just pick up the phone and ring somebody? well I haven't because I always do the ringing ... nobody ever seems to ring me ... well actually that's a lie ... I do have the sporadic phone call from Wales, but that's it. Crikey it does sound as if I am wallowing in self pity, don't mean to. Just a lot going on right now, so I suppose that I have just been too busy to do the ringing people thing....so not talking to anybody has just been more noticeable.
Changing the subject completely ... weather's be nice hasn't it? ...

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes" - Holly, Red Dwarf II

3 Comments:

  • Missy Prissy!!!! I am horrible, because I thought about calling you yesterday, as I was wallowing in self-pity after the Wirish left to go back to Cardiff... but I just ate some chips and salsa, some chocolate chips, took a couple of dosy naps, and sulked instead.

    I shall phone you next time I am sulking :)

    xx

    By Blogger Bonnie Blue in Wales, at 2:23 pm  

  • I just knew after I posted my comment that it just sounded 'so' wrong! Sorry to hear that you had a 'downer' day yesterday, although I think chocolate is a very good substitute for adult conversation ... it doesn't answer back!

    Hope you are feeling better today :-) D x

    By Blogger DawnyLiz, at 3:03 pm  

  • "L'enfer c'est les autres" Jean-Paul Satre said but could well have been me.
    I've had weekends where I realise on Sunday evening that the only things I've said are "a copy of Razzle please" and "no just make it a pint of gin, no tonic".
    Ahhh I miss those weekends, or was it a whole week?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home