News from up North

Friday, November 24, 2006

So many pills so little time!

OK so I am still alive but rattling due to the number of pills I am taking. I have now been given steroid tablets of which I have to take 8 at a time - so with my antibiotics, that's 11 a day - I think I'll be catching up with my Dad soon!

Anyway - other news: I am now officially a part time Lecturer for Hudds Uni, I've had a contract and I start on Tuesday, do they know what they are taking on? Anyway I am starting off gently with 2 classes of 1st year BA students who would like to learn some English in Context stuff - whether they do or not with me is another thing! On Thursday I get the 2nd years and a bit of Sociolinguistics - apparently they will be wanting some advice for their first assignment - well obviously I am the right gal for the job ...... start late, say 6.00pm the night before, lots of black coffee an a good 10 hours stint......print out at 2.00am ...... job done!

Back to illness (briefly) the only good thing about getting no sleep and coughing, is that I've been glued to the re-run of This Life on BBC 2 which is on at a really silly time. Anyway, it made me realise (as if I needed reminding) how fab the series was and I can't wait for the reunion show in the new year - I love Egg and always think of Claire's cat who is named after the aforementioned.

OK I'm off now as it's medication time .... Ciao for now x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home