News from up North

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Still coughing - but it's Thanksgiving!

OK here's the news........ I'm bored and I don't want to play anymore! I'm not talking about a game of chess here - it's this bl**dy cough! I have finally been given antibiotics by the Doctor but if there's no improvement by Friday I have to go back. I'm not quite sure what else they can do as I haven't heard of a chest and lung amputation/ transplant - but hey ho let's see what happens!
I bumped into the Head of Dept today who has asked me to start teaching on Tuesday, as my supervisor (who is pregnant) needs some help. Under normal circumstances I would be excited at the opportunity, but as I feel like a bag of cr*p and I have an assignment to hand in on Thursday - this news was not received with a lot of Dawny enthusiasm! So next week I have 6 hours teaching Sociolingustics and English and Context, plus a seminar at York Uni and an all day data session at Hudds - plus the assignment - I just hope these tablets kick in quickly!!

Lordy I am moaning like an unpaid prostitute - lets move on!

I would like to end by saying Happy Thanksgiving to my American buddies Anne-Marie and Katharine. I am SO gutted that I can't be at the dinner tomorrow as we had such a great time last year. I just can't believe that a year has gone by so quickly - and SO much has happened!

Anyway - have a great time and today's quote is dedicated to you. It's by the man you love so much George double "W".

"When I met President Bush he asked me what state Wales was in" - Charlotte Church


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home