News from up North

Monday, November 20, 2006

No TV!!!!



Well I've come home today and the worst thing has happened - my TV is not working - or more to the point, according to a recorded message at NTL "the service to customers in the Huddersfield area is temporarily unavailable"! Oh my word, this is not good, how will I cope without "Deal or No Deal?". To make things worse how long is temporarily? the idea of not having a specific timescale has got me extremely vexed! I think the main problem is, when you are a saddo like me who lives on your own, the TV is like having another voice in the room. With 85% of the programmes on there being complete cr*p, I don't actually watch it, I just like having it on in the background - which thinking about it is something my late Nan used to do - crikey I am turning senile!

Other news - well the good weather has finally broken up here, as last night we had a really bad storm with high winds. Now this wouldn't usually bother me when I used to be in my cosy terraced house which was conveniently situated in a weather resistant dip - but now I am in a 2nd floor flat - it was slightly more scary!

As it has turned colder I did purchase a new pair of gloves on the weekend which are fab. They are fingerless gloves, but have an extra piece on the top which is secured by a little button, and when you undo it the extra bit folds down and they turn into mittens - how cool is that? The only thing missing is the string to go around your neck and then down your coat sleeves to avoid loosing them - but hey you can't have everything!

I also purchased a new woollen hat, a basic boring, plainly knitted pull-on hat - and it cost me £10! So Amerie there is a definite business opportunity for you there!!! you'd make a mint with your talent!

On a self-centred note -I'm still feeling poorly so it's back to the Doctors tomorrow All of my colleagues in Uni are fed up with my constant coughing, so I have been ordered to go back to the Health Centre (which is an intriguing word as everyone who visits the "Centre" is unhealthy!) for a second opinion.

OK I'd best end here - I will end with an amusing quote about television (well it amused me anyway - enjoy!)

"I watched Countdown once and got aroused. It's only seven letters" - Barry Cryer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home