News from up North

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lectures, Journals and Chocolate


Even I am starting to get bored with hearing myself say ......I am really busy at the moment.... so I won't start this blog entry with that piece of information ...even though I indirectly have (bugger!). In order to relieve myself from the mental strain of writing my lecture for Monday's class and trying to plow through the mountain of journal articles that seem to be growing on my desk, I have spent 2 hours this evening doing a bit of home-baking. Actually it is Lisa's birthday in the research office tomorrow, not that I needed an excuse, so I have tried a new recipe for chocolate cake which has turned out pretty scrummy! It seems that adding a teaspoon of baking powder and 3 tablespoon's of water to the mixture gives it all a bit of 'oomph'! Well I'm taking it into work tomorrow, so I hope it is a hit.
Tomorrow, I will be joining Lisa for a few birthday drinks after work which will be nice as I could do with a night out.
I can't believe that it is Christmas day in only 2 months! This piece of information was made very apparent to me after wandering into Woolworths to buy some cake tins (mine are in storage at my sister's house) and to my horror, the whole store had changed over night into Toys'R'Us! The household implements section had been depleted from two whole aisles into 2 shelves..... noooo! This was all a bit vexing but I managed to find what I wanted.....but it just made me feel anxious about the pending festive season. Up until that moment I hadn't given it much thought ... I haven't got much money and the thought of starting to plan presents, cards etc. with every thing else that is going on is not good. However I mustn't grumble and I just have to start planning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home